The Weak Hadith
What falls below the level of Al-Hasan by a little, and hence the people went back and forth in Hadith of different people: Did their Hadith reach the level of Hasan or not? And without a doubt, numerous persons from the middle rank in narration are of this type.
For the last rank of Al-Hasan is the first rank of Dha’eef, I mean the Dha’eef which is in the ‘Sunan’ and in the books of the Fuqahaa (scholars of Fiqh), and it’s narrators.
They are not Matrook (abandoned): Like Ibn Lahee’ah, and Abdur-Rahmaan bin Zaid bin Aslam, and Abi Bakr bin Abi Maryam Al-Himsee, and Faraj bin Fudhaalah, and Rishdeen, and numerous people.
(4) Al-Matrooh (The casted aside):
What is less than the level of Dha’eef
And it’s been reported in: Some long Musnads, and in parts, rather in ‘Sunan Ibn Maajah’ and ‘Jaami’ Abi Eesaa’. Example:
- Amr bin Shamir, from Jaabir Al-Ju’fee, from Al-Haarith, from Alee.
- Sadaqah Ad-Daqeeqee, from Farqad As-Sabakhi, from Murrah At-Tayyib, from Abi Bakr.
- Juwaibir, from Adh-Dhahhaak, from Ibn ‘Abbaas.
- Hafs bin ‘Umar Al-‘Adeni, from Al-Hakm bin Abaan, from “Ikrimah.
And the likes of it from the Matrookeen (abandoned ones) and ruined ones, and some of them are better than others.
Benefited from: Shaykh, the Allamah, the Trustworthy Advisor, Abu Abdirrahman Yahya bin Ali Al-Hajuri – may Allah preserve him.
Translated by: Abū ‘Abdillāh ‘Omar bin Yahya Al-‘Akawi