▪️ Its Numbers:
- (94) Ninety Four Takbeerah in five prayers, in them are (17) Seventeen Rak’ahs.
- From it:
(5) Five Takbeeraatl-Ihraam (Opening Takbeers).
(4) Four Takbeeratl-Intiqaal (Transitional Takbeers) from the Middle Tashahhud.
In every Rak’ah Five Takbeeraat
▪️ Its Ruling:
- Takbeeraatl-Ihraam: Consensus upon it being a pillar.
- Takbeeraatl-Intiqaal: The majority are upon its permissibility, and they sought evidence with the Hadith of the one who prayed badly that he didn’t mention it.
- And what’s correct is its obligation due to other evidences, and that the Prophet ﷺ maintained them and it’s the basis, the basis of a command is that it’s obligatory, (صلوا كما رأيتموني أصلي) – “Pray as you see me pray.”
And this is the position Imaam Ahmed and the Dhaahiriyyah and Ibn Baaz deemed to be the most correct.
▪️ A prayer doesn’t have spirit, doesn’t have a good appearance if it doesn’t have Takbeer in it.
Benefited from: Shaykh, the Allamah, the Trustworthy Advisor, Abu Abdirrahman Yahya bin Ali Al-Hajuri – may Allah preserve him.
Translated by: Abū ‘Abdillāh ‘Omar bin Yahya Al-‘Akawi